Horse betting has been around for centuries, as it is considered a fun and profitable entertainment. While profit is mostly affected by luck, it helps to know how to bet on a horse to beat the odds. Even if you are a seasoned gambler or have been betting on horses for quite some time, knowing the efficient ways to bet on horse races could increase your chances of making a bigger profit. Here are some tips to consider:
- New to horse betting? Start small: Get to know the frequently used increment for horse-betting. Putting up a higher amount at stake might make sense to you, but consider starting small to get a feel for how it will go. And remember: it is all about the odds. So, if you bet a quid on a horse to win with odds of 2-1, you could double the money.
- Bet on the favourite: You could improve your odds of winning by 33 percent when you bet on the ‘chalk’ or the favourite horse. But keep in mind that you will be betting against other bettors, and winnings will come out from the same pool.
- Know the terms: ‘Straight’ or normal horse bets are categorized in three ways. A Win means you are betting on a horse to be the first to cross the finish line. Place means you are betting on it to come in either second or first. The Show is similar to place, but with the addition of third place. If you are new to horse betting, consider taking Place or Show bets to learn the reins.
- Look into horse racing data: You can improve your chances of earning a profit when you look at the data of a horse and its trainer, speed, and bloodline. Look into the racetrack conditions, weather report, and the equipment on the horse, too.
- Go online: Look for an online betting platform that combines all horse betting tips from leading bookmakers. This should help you save time in finding bookmakers and offers, such as sign-up bonuses.